Monday, January 13, 2014

Steampunk Gun

     A while ago, one of my friends brought me a nerf Maverick which he had broken trying to modify and he wanted me to paint it to look good.   He gave me no hints to what he thought "good" was, so I was temped to paint it pink camo and put a hello kitty logo on the side (the only reason I didn't is because I would have to go and buy a bunch of pink paints.   So I just went with what I thought would look good.   First I did a black base coat. Then taped up the handle, except the grip, and painted that tan.   Once that was dry, I taped up the priming mechanism (the slider on the back of the gun that you pull back to load)  and the grip that I just painted tan. And did a light gold mist over the rest of the gun.  I'm very happy on how this gun turned out, plus instead of paying me for it my friend gave me a limited edition nerf gun that I'd been trying to get for a while.  To this day, this remains one of my favorite guns I've ever painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment