Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nerfed Raider

     A long time ago, in a land far away...   well, actually about 2 months ago, in my front yard, I was waiting for one of my friends to show up and bring the can of black paint I lent him.   I was waiting because I had to paint some guns with a black base coat (one of those guns would eventually become the tiger raider). 
     I was looking at the paint I had and noticed I had a can of red, that I used once and loved, but hadn't touched since.  I also had a couple guns that had base coats on them, but didn't really have any plans.  I doodled on a piece of paper trying to figure out how to make a good looking white and red gun, but every design ended up looking like a candy cane.  
      Out of no where I remembered some stencils that had come with one of the guns I bought recently. I grabbed one at random, it was the nerf logo.  I went back outside, with the white gun, red paint and stencil.  I didn't paint the gun at first, just stood there, worried it would look terrible after I painted it.  I decided whatever, and stenciled the word "NERF" on the gun over and over. And ended up with this.
The gun, much to my surprise, turned out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment